Monday 13 July 2009

Mind my property please!

Last weekend, my friend from a neighbouring country, suggested that she would accompany me to buy kids' clothes for my sisters as presents. She came along with her annoying little girl. Poor me I didn't realize that I was stealing the precious time the two spend together outside their 24 hour curtained windows en-suite room. She innocently got annoyed while me and her mum were constantly checking out some clothes. It seemed that she couldn't bear the fact that we were ignoring her and furiously burst "STOP FOLLOWING US". God that was very embarrassing! I had no option but to ignore her, though she constantly kept saying it. I prayed for a miracle to get me out of the situation because I couldn't hold it any more especially some customers were eyeing me and could notice the little girl bothersome of my presence. I looked at my phone and a spontaneous thought poped out of my head "my friend I have to leave you now as it is time for my soccer game". I sensed a relief in the little girl and she soflty grabbed the bag I was holding for them. I safely left the scene.





This is not the core of the eventual weekend outting I am writing for. While I was doing my shopping with my friend, I stumbled upon my work colleague who happens to be from another neighbouring country too. Well, I didn't actually see him, but apparently his wife saw me getting so close to them, though I didn't notice her as I was busy with shopping, and informed her husband. I was able to see the sudden shock in his face as he turned around to greet me. It was like as he saw the devil himself! I must have been a threat to "his wife". How insecure our peeople can be when their wives are stumbled upon a man from the same region! It is like "my property don't even glimpse'' .

No comments:

Post a Comment