Thursday 16 July 2009

Innocent/Naive Mistake!


It was my first experience but it was the most terrifying. I see it in the movies I read about it in the newspapers but I never (fortunately) had the chance to go through it.
I totally stood solid not even breathing. At the time when the car was still under the control but going left and right across the road I thought "still there was nothing serious", until it was going sharp across the road. The driver lost control, the car was so heavy. I immediately realized we would hit the small hill then we would go down to the Wadi. I was already thinking about the possibility of surviving.
Luckily the car turned to its side and I was able to jump after that with no injuries at all. As soon as I was out I started to examine the kids who were at the back of the car. There were few injured but none was serious. The psychological impact was the only serious scar that still engraved in my heart and memory.
The experience was worthy not in terms of its consequences but of the thorough comprehension that I gained. One small mistake is enough to teach you a life-long lesson. The enjoyment of the moment that our driver had while racing his cousin cost more than 5 people an emotional toll that some may not be able to recover from soon.
The incidence allowed me to understand the danger of recklessly driving a car, the hazard of being taking by the agitation, the cost of challenge for the sake of own glory.
It's only a small mistake that is sufficient to teach us a lesson.

1 comment:

  1. حتى أفعالنا البسيطة أو أخطائنا ناتجة من تتابع أو امتداد طويل من قناعات غريبة وغير متزنة، القيادة ليست فقط في القدرة على تشغيل السيارة وتسييرها ، ولكنها تتطلب الكثير من الوعي والحرص والتزام القانون، والتفكير في الآخر في سيارته التي تمشي بجوارنا حتى قبل الآخر الموجود بالمقعد المجاور لنا ، ولكننا –للأسف- نفتقر للكثير من مهارات التواصل الفعالة والذكاء العاطفي اللازم لفهم احتياجات الآخرين ومراعاة حقوقهم وأحقيتهم في الشارع مثلنا تماماً ،
    برأيي أننا متى ما زرعنا بيننا الوعي وحس المسؤولية سنكون قادرين ليس فقط على قيادة السيارات بأمان وثقة ولكن على قيادة حياتنا بأكملها أيضاً

    ReplyDelete