Friday 15 January 2010

Careless driving!


I feel like writing right now. Guilt overwhelms me. Just now I almost caused a stupid accident. I felt irritated by a car coming into my lane while I was going fast. So I overtook it from the right and immediately turned into the other lane in front of the car who sounded the horn. I felt so bad. People who recklessly drive always disgust me with their sick attitude. Today I felt like one of them. I guess this is the toll we pay for our confidence. I’ve been driving for 5 months now and didn’t cause any accident, Thank God. I am always careful even to tiny things when I am behind the wheels.
Ironically, the same situation happened to me but in reverse where I was the victim of careless driving. I remember, I was so outraged that I followed the man's car and called the police. He would have been in prison by now if it wasn't for my tolerant brother.
This time as well, the guys followed my car into SQU until I stopped. Once I realized they were trailing me, before I turned my engine off, I straight away went to talk to them. I first started apologising and admitting my mistake. The guys were more understanding but surprised with my unprovoked irresponsible driving. Really I feel ashamed. I have always stood against careless driving and here I was doing it myself!
Driving is fun. Once you get the grip of it, you enjoy being on the road. It is arts by itself. It is like you are drawing on the road with your car. It requires a lot of attention and care so your painting is well crafted and more appealing.
I promise, I will drive with more care and pay more attention to the road. I promise I will not be furious about other's careless driving. I will stay calm and pray for their safety.

2 comments:

  1. Hope everyone's alright. I've never drove a car, so I wouldn't know what's it like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how sometimes the rush takes over and tempts you to drive recklessly but jsut don't give in ;)

    Drive safe..!!

    ReplyDelete