Tuesday 15 December 2009

Back to Oman

I am back!

I apologize for the very few people who follow my blog. The last few months haven't been easy on me. I am in a transitional state regarding the two facets of life, the physical part of at as well as the inner part that resides inside me.
Luckily, there is no more mandatory study, only the part that I feel I need to gain more knowledge on, basically topics that are related to my specialty which is quite a lot knowing that I am an academic. The days of taking life easy departed and the time has came to experience the reality of life.

I have found out that there are three basic pillars of life Omanis have to consider once they are paid their first salary.
- First: buying a car to facilitate movement as the transport system here is not the best in the world! I miss the old days of Melbourne and UK. Beside, you will need to take extra precaution when driving as quite a large number of Omanis are reckless drivers. Personally, I managed to get hold of my license 3 months ago and with the help of my bro I bought my first car!
Car is done!

Second: Getting married. Once employed, the family automatically starts hunting for a suitable wife. As it is known, there is no choice (applies to the majority, hopefully me not included) regarding the person you are bound to spend the rest of life with. Family exhibits a list of possible candidates and you take your pick. I am not yet in this stage! I asked for a postponement, not ready for nagging, lol.

Third: Once the second step is over, housing comes last. I have already bought a small piece of land to build and spend the weekends in my village. Will have to rent a place in Muscat as most of my time will be working here.

This is the physical part of it. The list above is not exhausted, it is just the three most urgent things one must consider.

The second part of it will be published soon.
So keep checking.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Oman and to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your family agreed for a postponment - perhaps they needed more time to search for Miss Right

    ReplyDelete
  3. lool... welcome back life stumbler. How does it feel to be back from abroad?

    One curious question. Would they be looking for girls in the village itself? :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey TripleTee,,
    Well, i'll soon talk about my come back in my blog.
    Regarding your 2nd question. Well, its certainly not necessary. Beside, I won't be able to live in a an arranged life! lol. I am just buying the time so I myself can find Miss Right:) lol

    ReplyDelete